1. What grade level does Harvest Preparatory Academy go to?
HPA is currently enrolling grades K5-8th for the 2015-2016 school year and K5-12th for the 2016-2017 school year.
2. What are the school hours?
School begins at 8:00am and ends at 3:00pm. Parents are required to pick drop off and pick up their children in the car pool line. Children who are late or leave early must check in and out with the office.
3. Are before and after school care offered?
Yes, we offer before care starting at 7:00am until 7:30am. After care is offered from 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Registration is required to participate in before and after care. See the rates here.
4. What is the fee for before and after care?
For fee Information view our Tuition Page.
5. What type of curriculum is used at HPA?
HPA uses multiple types of curriculum designed to meet each grade levels needs, so students are able to maximize their intellectual and spiritual abilities.
6. Does your school give students the opportunity to participate in academic leadership programs?
7. Do the students wear uniforms?
Yes, our students are required to wear uniforms. To view out uniforms please visit cookieskids.com and use code: hpanc.
8. What is the school’s mascot?
“Home of the Royal Lions”
9. What is the cost of tuition?
For fee information, view our Tuition Page.
10. Does the school provide transportation?
No, we do not currently provide transporation to and from school.
11. What if my child has and IEP or behavioral challenges?
HPA accepts children who have IEP's, but special accommodations can not be made for them. All IEP paperwork will need to be reviewed during the enrollment process. If your child has a known behavior problem they will still be required to abide by the rules and policies of Harvest Preparatory Academy and the disciplinary policy will be enforced as required. All accepted students are treated equally and subject to the same disciplinary policy.
12. Does HPA offer financial aid or scholarships?
Yes, limited financial aid is available. Please email us if you are interested. Parents must complete the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment in order to qualify for financial aid or reduced tuition. You may also apply for the NC Opportunity Scholarship which allows your child to go to school tuition free.
13. Does HPA test students prior to entering?
Yes, to better serve each student academically. Placement test fee for new students is $25.
14. Does Harvest Preparatory Academy have open enrollment?
Yes, we allow students to enroll at anytime.
Still have a question? Email us.